BATON ROUGE, La. –The Louisiana Workforce Commission and FEMA remind workers who lost jobs as a result of Hurricane Delta that the deadline to apply for Disaster Unemployment Assistance is looming.
Workers in Acadia, Calcasieu, Cameron, Jefferson Davis and Vermillion Parishes have until 11:59 p.m. CST Nov. 19 to apply.
DUA is available to those who:
- Worked or were self-employed or were scheduled to begin work or self-employment;
- Can no longer work or perform services because of physical damage or destruction to the place of employment as a direct result of the disaster;
- Can establish that the work or self-employment they no longer can perform was their principal source of income;
- Do not qualify for regular unemployment benefits from any state;
- Cannot perform work or self-employment because of an injury as a direct result of the disaster; or
- Became the breadwinner or major support of a household because of the death of the head of household.
Applicants can apply by visiting www.laworks.net, the Helping Individuals Reach Employment portal.