This page is for those wishing to learn more about news, events, and opportunities related to the coordination of voluntary efforts and donations management before, during, and after disasters.
Voluntary Organization Partnership Day
You’re invited to Partnership Day 2018! Join FEMA and National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (National VOAD) for the third Partnership Day, Wednesday, July 25, 2018! Discover how our voluntary, faith-based, community-based, and association partners support survivors before, during, and after disasters. Additionally, you can meet comfort dog teams, chat with partner representatives, and network with other professionals, academicians, students, and volunteers in emergency management, and related fields.
What: Partnership Day 2018
When: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: FEMA Headquarters and Holiday Inn, 400-550 C St. SW, Washington, DC
- Exhibitor Showcase featuring displays and representatives from voluntary, faith-based, community-based, and association partners in the Holiday Inn Capitol Ballroom.
- Outdoor Exhibition featuring equipment and resources used during disaster operations by partner organizations in the FEMA Courtyard.
- Breakout Sessions with topics that include engaging youth and seniors in preparedness, philanthropic collaboration, disaster case management, logistics resources, Individual Assistance Program and Policy, mitigation, and more in the FEMA Conference Center.
For more information, please contact the FEMA Voluntary Agency Coordination team at: VAL-Team@fema.dhs.gov.
Keep up with News, Events, and Opportunities
There are various ways to learn about events and opportunities related to your geographic or topical area of interest.
Connect with others regarding your geographic or topical area of interest, such as your local or state emergency management agency, Regional Voluntary Agency Liaison, and additional organizations and networks. Organizations often promote events and opportunities for their community of interest via their website and social media accounts.
For example, the ADA National Network and FEMA have partnered to deliver a monthly webinar series: Emergency Management and Preparedness-Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities. The webinar schedule and descriptions are available online.
Sign-up for informational emails, such as alerts during disasters in your state, FEMA's External Affairs Bulletin (weekly updates archived online), FEMA Voluntary Agency Liaison Community Engagement Updates, and additional FEMA email subscriptions.
- Find out about upcoming Events hosted by the Voluntary Agency Coordination team.
- Learn how the VALs can help your organization Get Involved in disaster response and recovery.
- Gain access to a variety of useful Resources.
- Discover Training opportunities for your organization and volunteers.
The Voluntary Agency Liaison mission is to establish, foster, and maintain relationships among government, voluntary, faith-based, and community partners to strengthen capabilities and support the delivery of inclusive, equitable services by empowering communities to address disaster-related unmet needs.
FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
Disclaimer: FEMA does not endorse any entities, websites, or applications, but provides data and links for informational purposes only.