Tribal Consultation on Simplifying FEMA Preparedness Grants Request for Information
FEMA will host a virtual consultation with Tribal Nations to discuss the Notice and Request for Information on simplifying FEMA preparedness grants.
Date: September 20, 2023
Time: 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Zoom Meeting ID: 160 558 8138
Join by phone: (669) 254-5252
FEMA aims to improve the management and administration of its preparedness grant programs to continue to assist the nation and first responders in building, sustaining and improving our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from and mitigate terrorism and other high-consequence disasters and emergencies. FEMA is issuing a Notice and Request for Information (RFI) to seek public input on simplifying and streamlining its preparedness grant process to improve the efficiency and accessibility of its suite of preparedness grant programs.
FEMA will host a virtual tribal consultation to discuss the benefits and burdens of FEMA’s preparedness grant programs, including feedback on regulations, information collections and policies. Senior leadership from FEMA’s Grant Programs Directorate (GPD) will lead the consultation. GPD provides grants to prepare state, local, tribal, and territorial governments and first responders, as well as non-profit organizations and port and transit systems owners/operators, to measurably improve capability and reduce the risks from manmade and natural disasters. Topics of discussion include:
- Any administrative burdens, program requirements, information collection burdens, waiting time, or unnecessary complexity in FEMA’s grant processes;
- Meaningful and helpful engagement that have been, or should have been provided to enhance the knowledge and accessibility of FEMA’s preparedness grant programs;
- Specific data that documents the costs, burdens and benefits of existing requirements to the extent they are available; and
- Ways to improve the grants customer experience for Tribal Nations and their partners.
If you have any questions, please contact FEMA Tribal Affairs at FEMA-Tribal@fema.dhs.gov.
- FEMA RFI Tribal Leader Notification Letter on Consultation - September 20, 2023
- Tribal Consultation Framing Paper on Simplifying FEMA Preparedness Grants - September 20, 2023
- FEMA Participant Agenda for Tribal Consultation - September 20, 2023
- FEMA to Host Tribal Consultation on Simplifying FEMA Preparedness Grants Advisory - September 20, 2023
- Assistant Administrator's (Grants) Follow-up Letter to Tribal Leaders