Technical Mapping Advisory Council Accepting Applications
FEMA is looking for qualified individuals to apply for appointment to Technical Mapping Advisory Council (TMAC) to make recommendations on mapping issues and activities that define performance metrics to map flood risk areas in the United States.
Date: July 31, 2023 - August 18, 2023
The Council submits an annual report to the FEMA Administrator that contains the following four items.
- A description of the activities of the Council
- An evaluation of the status and performance of Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) and mapping activities to revise and update the FIRMs,
- A summary of recommendations made by the Council to the FEMA Administrator.
Submit Applications for Three Appointments
Applicants will be considered for appointment to three vacancies on the Technical Mapping Advisory Council. The terms will start in the fall 2023 or winter 2024.
Qualified applicants will be considered for one or more of the following membership categories with vacancies:
- One member of a recognized regional flood and stormwater management organization
- One member of a Special Government Employee (SGE) of a recognized risk management association or organization
- One representative of a recognized professional association or organization representing State geographic information
To learn more about the vacancies and how to apply, please click the following link: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2023/07/07/2023-14328/technic…
Application Deadline and Submission
Applications will be accepted until Monday, Aug. 28, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
Submit an application by email to FEMA-TMAC@fema.dhs.gov or by mailing it to:
Federal Emergency Management Agency
Resilience - Risk Management Directorate
Attn: Brian Koper, Designated Federal Officer for the TMAC
400 C St. SW, Ste. 6NW–1412
Washington, DC 20472–3020
For further information, contact Brian Koper at 202-733–7859 or by email at FEMA-TMAC@fema.dhs.gov.