Public Meeting on Hermit's Peak/Calf Canyon Fire Assistance Regulations
FEMA is hosting a public meeting on Hermit’s Peak/Calf Canyon Fire Assistance Regulations at Old Memorial Middle School in Las Vegas, New Mexico.
Date: November 17, 2022
Time: 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
San Miguel Independent School
Old Memorial Middle School
947 Legion Drive
Las Vegas, New Mexico 87701
FEMA published the Hermit’s Peak/Calf Canyon Fire Assistance regulations in the Federal Register implementing the Hermit’s Peak/Calf Canyon Fire Assistance Act on Nov. 14. FEMA is seeking public comment on this regulation.
This rule guides the claims process and describes necessary documentation, evaluation criteria and compensation available, and provides additional guidance for appeal rights, arbitration and judicial review.
The public comment period will run from Nov. 14, 2022, through Jan. 13, 2023, and comments can be submitted at Regulations.gov. The Federal Register Notice docket number is FEMA-2022-0037.
During this 60-day period, FEMA will accept public comments in several ways, including four in-person public meetings.
For each meeting, expect that:
- Doors will open at 5:00 p.m. MT
- An overview of the Hermit's Peak/Calf Canyon Claims Office regulations will be provided
- Meetings will be recorded and transcribed, and the transcripts will become publicly available
- English and Spanish speakers and American Sign Language interpreters will be available
- This will not be a forum for claimant questions and Notice of Loss forms will not be accepted. For information on how to submit a form, please visit: fema.gov/hermits-peak.
For step-by-step instructions on how to submit a public comment please visit: fema.gov/hermits-peak.