This page has not been translated into Español. Visit the Español page for resources in that language.
Shelter and Services Program
The Shelter and Services Program provides funds to non-federal entities that provide sheltering and other eligible services to noncitizen migrants who have been encountered by the Department of Homeland Security and released from custody while awaiting the outcome of their immigration proceedings.
The intent is to support U.S. Customs and Border Protection in the safe, orderly, and humane release of noncitizen migrants from short-term holding facilities.
FINAL DATE TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS:
Monday, Sept. 11, 2023, at 12 p.m. ET
Before You Apply
Before beginning an application in the FEMA Grants Outcomes system (FEMA GO), you must complete the following:
- Review the Shelter and Services Program Notice of Funding Opportunity.
- Register, update, or verify your account in the System for Award Management (SAM).
- As a part of the SAM registration, register, update, or verify a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI).
- Obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN) online at IRS.gov.
- Register your organization in FEMA GO and establish an Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR).
Get step-by-step instructions through our FEMA GO Startup Guide.
When You Apply
The registration process can take up to four weeks to complete. We recommend that you start the pre-application steps well before you submit the application.
Submit your application through FEMA Grants Outcomes (FEMA GO) once you have completed the steps above.
Annual Funding Totals
Total funding available for fiscal year 2023:
- Tranche 1: $291 million
- Tranche 2: $77.3 million
- Total: $363.8 million
NOFOs and Ancillary Documents
Fiscal Year 2023
The FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity is available on Grants.gov.