Huracán ian en Florida


Período del incidente: Sep 23, 2022 - Nov 4, 2022

Fecha de declaración: Sep 29, 2022

Now Closed: Period to Apply for Disaster Assistance

The initial registration period for this disaster has closed. For FEMA to consider your late application, you'll be notified to send a signed letter explaining why you were unable to apply during the application period, along with documents that clearly show why you wouldn't apply before the deadline.

Acceptable documents include:

  • Proof of hospitalization, illness, or disability affecting you or an immediate family member
  • Proof of death of an immediate family member
  • Proof of personal or business travel that kept you away from home for the full application period

I Was Told to Call the U.S. Small Business Administration

FEMA is not allowed to provide disaster assistance for certain losses covered by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) disaster loans. The SBA provides low-interest disaster loans to individuals and households to help with disaster losses. FEMA works with the SBA to determine if you may qualify for Personal Property Assistance, Transportation Assistance, or a Group Flood Insurance Policy.

FEMA will automatically refer you to the SBA to be considered for a disaster loan if you meet SBA’s income standards. FEMA uses your household annual gross income and number of dependents to determine if you should be referred to the SBA.

If you are referred to the SBA, FEMA will contact you via an auto-dialer system to explain how to apply for a disaster loan. You must complete and return a loan application to be considered for an SBA loan or certain types of FEMA assistance. You do not have to accept an SBA loan offer. However, if you are approved for an SBA loan, and you do not accept it, you will not be referred back to FEMA for personal property or transportation assistance.

For more information about the SBA disaster loan program, please call the SBA at 800-659-2955 (TTY: 800-877-8339). SBA information is also available at or by email at

Learn more about SBA loans

I Applied for Assistance. What's Next?

If You Have Insurance

Please contact your insurance company as soon as possible to file a claim. FEMA can only provide money after you get your insurance settlement. If your insurance doesn’t cover all of your home repair or rebuilding expenses, FEMA may be able to help.

FEMA can’t provide money for expenses covered by insurance or duplicate benefits from another source. When you get your insurance settlement or denial, please send a copy to FEMA as soon as you can.

If your insurance settlement is delayed more than 30 days from the time you file your claim, call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362.

Learn more about the steps after applying

If You Do Not Have Insurance

FEMA will verify your disaster-caused losses. The agency will schedule a time to inspect your home if you reported damage to your home or personal property. Or FEMA will ask you to send documents to verify your expenses.

You will receive notification letters from FEMA either by mail or electronic correspondence explaining your next steps. If necessary based on the losses you reported, an inspector will contact you by phone to schedule an inspection. If you miss the call, they will leave a voicemail message and make multiple attempts to reach you. The inspector should not need to view repair receipts or pictures of the damage. But if you begin cleaning up before the inspection, FEMA suggests you take pictures, make a list of your losses, and keep receipts for all of your disaster-caused expenses.

Find a Housing Counselor

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides support to a nationwide network of housing counseling agencies (HCAs) and certified counselors. HUD-participating HCAs are approved and trained to provide tools to current and prospective homeowners and renters so they can make responsible choices to address their housing needs in light of their financial situations.

Verifying Home Ownership or Occupancy

FEMA is required to verify you lived at the address in your application as your primary residence before providing most types of assistance. FEMA is also required to verify you owned your home before providing home repair or home replacement assistance. Learn more about this process.

As part of our effort to make the disaster assistance process quicker and reduce the burden on applicants, we try to verify occupancy and ownership by using an automated public records search.

If we cannot verify you lived in or owned the home that you listed on your application, we will ask you to provide documents to prove occupancy and/or ownership to help us determine if you are approved for assistance.

How Do I Appeal the Decision?

If you receive a letter stating that you are not approved for assistance or that your application is incomplete, you can still complete the application or appeal the decision within 60 days of receiving a decision letter. The letter would either be mailed to you or placed into your Disaster Assistance Center account, if you have set up an account.

Learn more about appeals

Frequently Asked Questions and Rumors

Learn more about common disaster-related rumors and how to report fraud. You can also get answers to frequently asked questions about emergency shelters, disaster assistance, flood insurance and more.

Multilingual Resources

You can find social media graphics with important safety messaging in various languages, including English, Chinese, Spanish and Vietnamese.

We also have videos in American Sign Language (ASL) on topics including:

How to Help

Volunteer and Donate

Recovery can take many years after a disaster. There are many ways to help such as donating cash, needed items or your time. Learn more about how to help those in need.

Don’t self-deploy to disaster areas. Trusted organizations in the affected areas know where volunteers are needed. Work with an established organization to make sure you have the appropriate safety, training and skills needed to respond.

FEMA Voluntary Agency Liaisons (VALs) support the significant contributions of voluntary, faith-based, and community stakeholders active in disaster by building relationships – and coordinating efforts – with and across partner organizations and government agencies.

Doing Business with FEMA

If you are interested in providing paid services and goods for disaster relief, visit our Doing Business with FEMA page to get started.

If you own a business involved with debris removal and want to work on clean-up efforts in affected areas, please contact the local government in affected areas to offer your services.

Recursos locales

Noticias y medios de comunicación locales

Visite la página de Noticias y medios de comunicación para ver eventos, hojas de datos, comunicados de prensa y otros recursos multimedios.

Local Resources Custom Text

Centros de Recuperación por Desastre (DRC, por sus siglas en inglés)

Los sobrevivientes afectados en los condados designados pueden visitar el DRC más cercano para solicitar asistencia. Representantes de la Agencia Federal para el Manejo de Emergencias (FEMA, por sus siglas en inglés) y la Agencia Federal de Pequeños Negocios (SBA, por sus siglas en inglés) estarán disponibles en estos centros para explicar los programas de asistencia por desastre, contestar preguntas sobre las cartas que reciba y brindar literatura sobre reparaciones y cómo reconstruir para que las casas sean más resistentes a desastres.

Los residentes que ya solicitaron asistencia no tienen que visitar el DRC, pero pueden hacer preguntas o buscar más información en persona en el DRC además de en línea o por teléfono.

Ciudadanía y la elegibilidad de FEMA

FEMA está comprometida a ayudar a todos los sobrevivientes de desastre elegibles a recuperarse del huracán Ian, incluso ciudadanos estadounidenses, nacional no ciudadano y extranjeros cualificados.

Conozca más sobre los requisitos de estatus migratorio y de ciudadanía para solicitar beneficios federales

¿Cómo puedo apelar la decisión final?

Si usted recibe una carta indicándole que no es elegible para asistencia o que su solicitud no está completa, aun puede completar la solicitud o apelar la decisión dentro de 60 días de haber recibido la carta de decisión. La carta se le enviaría a usted por correo o se le pondría en su cuenta del Centro de Asistencia por Desastre, si usted ha abierto una cuenta.

Conozca más sobre las apelaciones

Asistencia de Alojamiento Transitorio

La Asistencia de Alojamiento Transitorio de FEMA se activó para los sobrevivientes en Florida permitiendo opciones de alojamiento de emergencia y a corto plazo en hoteles participantes.

Para recibir asistencia de alojamiento, debe comenzar por solicitar asistencia. Usted debe tener un número de identificación de registro de FEMA y la aprobación de FEMA para participar. Si FEMA se comunicó con usted para hablar sobre asistencia de alojamiento, puede buscar hoteles participantes.

Preguntas frecuentes y rumores

Conozca más sobre rumores comunes relacionados con los desastres y cómo reportar fraude. Usted también puede conseguir respuestas a preguntas frecuentes sobre refugios de emergencia, asistencia por desastre, seguro de inundación y más.

Herramientas multimedia adicionales

A continuación, puede encontrar gráficos e imágenes para redes sociales con mensajes importantes sobre seguridad en varios idiomas, que incluye inglés, chino simplificado, español y vietnamita.

Cómo verificar la titularidad u ocupación de su vivienda

Antes de brindarle la mayoría de los tipos de asistencia de Individuos y Familias (IHP, por sus siglas en inglés) se requiere que FEMA verifique que usted vivía en la dirección que aparece en su solicitud como residencia principal. También se requiere que FEMA verifique que usted es dueño de su hogar antes de brindarle Asistencia para reparación o reemplazo del hogar.

Como parte de nuestro esfuerzo de procesar asistencia por desastre más rápidamente y reducir las dificultades de los solicitantes, intentamos verificar la titularidad y ocupación usando una búsqueda automatizada de registros públicos.

Si no podemos verificar que usted vivió o era propietario del hogar que usted anotó en su solicitud, le pediremos que provea documentos que comprueben ocupación y/o titularidad para ayudarnos a determinar si usted es elegible para asistencia.

Conozca más

Cómo encontrar un consejero de vivienda

El Departamento de Vivienda y Desarrollo Urbano (HUD, por sus siglas en inglés) apoya una red nacional de agencias de consejería de vivienda (HCA, por sus siglas en inglés) y consejeros certificados (enlace en inglés). Las HCA de HUD participantes están aprobadas y adiestradas para brindar herramientas a propietarios actuales y futuros al igual que a inquilinos para que puedan tomar decisiones responsables de cara a sus necesidades de vivienda según sus situaciones financieras.

Encuentre un Localizador de Recursos de HUD


Cómo ayudar

Hacer trabajos voluntarios y donar

La recuperación después de un desastre puede llevar muchos años. Hay numerosas maneras de ayudar, como donar efectivo, artículos necesarios o tiempo personal. Más información sobre cómo ayudar a personas con necesidades.

No se movilice por cuenta propia hacia las áreas de desastre. Hay organizaciones fiables (enlace en inglés) llevando a cabo operaciones en las áreas afectadas y conocen dónde los voluntarios son necesarios. Comuníquese con alguna organización sin fines de lucro establecida para asegurarse de que usted cuente con la seguridad, capacitación y destrezas necesarias para trabajar en las operaciones de respuesta.

Las Organizaciones Voluntarias Nacionales Activas en Desastres (enlace en inglés) desarrollan relaciones y coordinan esfuerzos con las organizaciones voluntarias, con base de fe y comunitarias que realizan operaciones en los desastres.

Hacer negocios con FEMA

Si le interesa proporcionar servicios y bienes remunerados para ayuda en desastres, visite nuestra página de Hacer negocios con FEMA para comenzar el proceso.

Si usted es propietario de un negocio dedicado al recogido de escombros y quiere trabajar en los esfuerzos de limpieza en las áreas afectadas, comuníquese con el gobierno local en las áreas afectadas para ofrecer sus servicios.

Obligaciones de financiamiento

Asistencia individual Cantidad
Total de asistencia para vivienda - Dólares Aprobados $744,430,998.23
Total para asistencia para otras necesidades - Dólares Aprobados $364,337,291.87
Total para el programa individual y de vivienda Dólares Aprobados $1,108,768,290.10
Solicitudes para asistencia individual Aprobado 386029
Asistencia Pública Cantidad
Emergency Work (Categories A-B) - Dollars Obligated $839,258,954.01
Permanent Work (Categories C-G) - Dollars Obligated $2,808,309.21
Total de Subvenciones de Asistencia Pública Dólares Obligados $881,500,894.03
Asistencia para Mitigación de Riesgos Cantidad
Programa de Subvenciones para la Mitigación de Riesgos (HMGP) – Dólares aprobados $1,970,275.45

Disaster Recovery Centers (DRC) List

Encuentre aquí el Centro de Recuperación por Desastre (DRC) más cerca de usted.

Sadkin Community Center


1176 NW 42nd Way
Lauderhill, Florida 33313
Get Directions

DRC Hours

Monday:9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Tuesday:9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Wednesday:9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Thursday:9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Friday:9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Saturday:9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Dania Beach


100 W Dania Beach Blvd
Dania, Florida 33004
Get Directions

DRC Hours

Monday:9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Tuesday:8:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Wednesday:8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Thursday:8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday:8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday:8:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Samuel Delevoe Memorial Park


2520 NW 6th Street
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33311
Get Directions

DRC Hours

Monday:8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Tuesday:8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Thursday:8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday:8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday:8:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Hortt Park


1700 SW 14th Ct
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33312
Get Directions

DRC Hours

Monday:9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Tuesday:9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Wednesday:9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Thursday:9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Friday:9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Saturday:9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Última actualización 27 de mayo de 2023