The Office of the Chief Financial Officer issued Fiscal Year 2013 Year-End Closing Instructions on July 10, 2013. The Instructions provide the guidance necessary for Program Offices to support OCFO in closing of FEMA’s accounting system, the Integrated Financial Management Information System to FY 2013 transactions. It applies to all FEMA employees, but especially the financial management community, to ensure that commitments, obligations, and expenditures are posted to IFMIS properly and in a timely manner.
Upcoming required action items include:
- OCFO Budget will accept advance copies of FY 2014 DRF Allocation Requests
- Fixed property and capitalized property documentation due
- Fourth Quarter Review of Open Obligations as of Aug. 31, 2013 due
- Cut off for Non-disaster funds to be obligated
- Cut off for Disaster Readiness and Support Account obligations entered into IFMIS
- IAA obligations must be posted
- Invoice submission deadline for FY 2013 payments
Please ensure all FY 2013 transactions are entered into IFMIS in accordance with the FY 2013 Year-End Closing Instructions. Under no circumstances will IFMIS be reopened to accommodate any organization that has not entered FY 2013 transactions by the prescribed deadlines.
Personnel are reminded that deadlines exist for August to meet FEMA reporting requirements. Questions regarding deadlines should be directed to the points of contact identified within the instructions. You may access the document on the “Miscellaneous Guidance” tab of the OCFO Financial Policy intranet site.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to: Greg Teets, Director, Financial Management Division at 540-504-1850 or Jennifer Clark, Chief, FEMA Finance Center, 540-504-1848.