The Communications/Customer Service 4-day course is designed to provide the techniques and tools for oral and written communication necessary to meet and exceed performance expectations as a future leader. Students are instructed in appropriately, accurately and succinctly relaying information at all levels. Students learn to effectively respond to customer needs in a timely manner while setting an example of high leadership and a win-win communication style with impact.
- Understanding customer needs.
- Establishing customer’s expectations and meeting required needs.
- Timeliness, flexibility, and responsive services to customers.
- Active listening and attention to nonverbal cues when responding to questions, ideas, and concerns of others.
- Appropriate influential or persuasive communication.
- Clear and concise writing and oral communication.
- Tailoring communication to ensure audience understanding and the most successful medium (e.g., language and tone).
This course is intended for FEMA permanent, full-time GS-10 and below employees. CORE employees are welcome on a space available basis.
There is no cost for the training; however, the employee’s office, directorate or region is responsible for all travel costs associated with this training. Interested employees must complete and submit a FEMA Form 119-25-1 (General Admission Application) directly to:
NETC – Admissions Office, Building I, Room 216, 16825 S Seton Avenue, Emmitsburg, MD 21727 or FAX: (301) 447-1658
Enrollment is limited to 25 participants. Regional applications must be submitted through the Regional Training Manager. Incorrect or incomplete forms will be returned. The NETC Admissions Office will receive and review all applications.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Jan. 11, 2013
This course begins at 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Thursday, Feb. 4-7, 2013.
POINT OF CONTACT: LaTonia Jackson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-212-2088.