The Communications/Customer Service 4-day course is designed to provide the techniques and tools for oral and written communication necessary to meet and exceed performance expectations as a future leader. Students are instructed in appropriately, accurately and succinctly relaying information at all levels. Students learn to effectively respond to customer needs in a timely manner while setting an example of high leadership and a win-win communication style with impact.
- Organize and relay effective written and oral messages and ideas for clear understanding.
- Communicate and speak to audiences at all levels.
- Develop and deliver presentations with impact precision.
- Project a professional image through successful clear and concise communication.
- Analyze communication breakdowns in customer service and apply recovery techniques while building rapport and trust.
- Determine and implement valuable solutions that bring immediate results and closure when dealing with complex situations.
This course is intended for FEMA permanent, full-time GS-11 through GS-13 employees. CORE employees are welcome on a space available basis.
There is no cost for the training; however, the employee’s office, directorate or region is responsible for all travel costs associated with this training. Interested employees must complete and submit a FEMA Form 119-25-1 (General Admission Application) directly to this address: NETC – Admissions Office, Building I, Room 216, 16825 S Seton Avenue, Emmitsburg, MD 21727 or FAX: (301) 447-1658
Enrollment is limited to 25 participants. Regional applications must be submitted through the Regional Training Manager. Incorrect or incomplete forms will be returned. The NETC Admissions Office will receive and review all applications.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Jan. 11, 2013. This course begins at 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Thursday, Feb. 11-14, 2013.
POINT of CONTACT: Doris Jackson, email@example.com, 202-212-2087.