Start Date and Duration: 90 days
Closing Date for Applications: Feb, 15
Questions: Email: Michael.Widomski Telephone: 202-646-4337
FEMA’s Office of Public Affairs is looking for an energetic person to assist the Division of Public Affairs Director and key staff officials.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Assists the Division of Public Affairs Director and key staff officials in the development, coordination, and execution of the overall plans, policies, and procedures for carrying out FEMA communication activities.
- Coordinates FEMA operational, project management, budgetary, personnel, internal control, contractual services, strategic management, and communications systems activities for the Office of Public Affairs.
- Performs a full range of supervisory responsibilities including tracking telework activities, overseeing WebTA, Fed Travel activities; and other administrative processes.
- Evaluate the work of the staff, recommending promotions and disciplinary actions.
- Resolve complex employee problems and conflicts.
To qualify for this position you must have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-14 or higher) serving in a supervisory role that included advising management, planning, and implementing the overall plans, policies, and procedures for carrying out an organization's activities; executing budget, financial management, and procurement for an organization; providing briefings and presentations on organizational goals and activities; and assigning, supervising, and evaluating employee work.
To apply for this position please visit the CDO Detail & Rotation Opportunities page. Click on Apply for a Rotation Position located to the right in the Job Applicants box. On the FEMA Internal Rotation Program Application Form click EA – Other GS-14 to GS-15 – 107.