FEMA Case Study Library
- COVID-19 Best Practice Case Studies
- Interagency Recovery Coordination Case Studies
- Mitigation Best Practices
- Preparedness Grants Case Studies
- Assistance to Firefighters Grant Case Studies
- Loss Avoidance Studies
- Risk MAP Best Practices
- Cooperating Technical Partners Program Success Stories
Search All Case Studies
Challenge: Access to mapping and updated modeling that result from Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and state projects benefit both the general public and the engineering community.
Challenge: The Illinois State Water Survey (ISWS), part of the Prairie Research Institute at the University of Illinois, is a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Cooperating Technical Partner (CTP) that has been conducting all components of flood mapping in Illinois since 2005.
Challenge: After several flood events ravaged the area, including Tropical Storm Lee in 2011, residents of the Borough of Muncy were sensitive to the damages that floodwaters can bring.