North Carolina Hurricane Florence
Incident Period: Sep 7, 2018 - Sep 29, 2018
Declaration Date: Sep 14, 2018
- Recovery resources: State & Local | National
- Connect: Social Media | Mobile App & Text
- 24/7 counseling: Disaster Distress Helpline
On This Page
More About This Disaster
Local News & Media
Visit the News & Media page for events, fact sheets, press releases and other multimedia resources.
For more information on getting assistance after a disaster visit our Individual Assistance page
SBA Business Recovery Centers
Trusted Information Sources
- Call 2-1-1 or text “FLORENCE” to 898211 for questions about Hurricane Florence.
- Download the FEMA mobile app (available in English and Spanish) to receive emergency alerts and find a shelter. Free and available on Apple and Android devices.
- Beware of post-storm donation scams. Research before you donate and only donate to reputable organizations.
- In North Carolina, visit the NC Disaster Relief Fund and click “Donate to Hurricane Recovery,” or text "FLORENCE" to 20222.
|Total Housing Assistance (HA) - Dollars Approved||$110,195,025.24|
|Total Other Needs Assistance (ONA) - Dollars Approved||$23,756,610.33|
|Total Individual & Households Program Dollars Approved||$133,951,635.57|
|Individual Assistance Applications Approved||34713|
|Emergency Work (Categories A-B) - Dollars Obligated||$356,787,424.36|
|Permanent Work (Categories C-G) - Dollars Obligated||$327,094,287.27|
|Total Public Assistance Grants Dollars Obligated||$767,323,697.76|
|Hazard Mitigation Assistance||Amount|
|Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) - Dollars Obligated||$78,089,896.19|