Puerto Rico Hurricane Maria
Incident Period: Sep 17, 2017 - Nov 15, 2017
Declaration Date: Sep 20, 2017
- Recovery resources: State & Local | National
- Connect: Social Media | Mobile App & Text
- 24/7 counseling: Disaster Distress Helpline
On This Page
More About This Disaster
Local News & Media
Visit the News & Media page for events, fact sheets, press releases and other multimedia resources.
- To check the status on a claim visit www.disasterassistance.gov.
- Get Assistance After a Disaster information
- Programs to Support Disaster Survivors information
- Install the FEMA App, available for Apple, Android, and Blackberry mobile devices.
- Subscribe to receive Puerto Rico Recovery Updates
- Weekly Obligation Numbers
Federal Recovery Updates
We update most of these figures weekly; for the most current progress of recovery related to a number of critical sectors in Puerto Rico, please visit the Government of Puerto Rico's website: recovery.pr
Social Media and Contact Information
- Puerto Rico Facebook
- USVI Facebook
- Region 2 Twitter
- For media inquiries in Puerto Rico, call FEMA Puerto Rico News Desk at (866) 366-8807 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more contact resources visit the Contact Us page.
To see more photos of the federal response to Hurricane Maria, visit the following collections from our federal partners:
|Total Housing Assistance (HA) - Dollars Approved||$768,068,457.61|
|Total Other Needs Assistance (ONA) - Dollars Approved||$568,623,705.65|
|Total Individual & Households Program Dollars Approved||$1,336,692,163.26|
|Individual Assistance Applications Approved||475317|
|Emergency Work (Categories A-B) - Dollars Obligated||$5,243,652,561.65|
|Permanent Work (Categories C-G) - Dollars Obligated||$13,403,112,213.22|
|Total Public Assistance Grants Dollars Obligated||$19,282,836,115.07|
|Hazard Mitigation Assistance||Amount|
|Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) - Dollars Obligated||$54,261,163.00|