Mississippi Hurricane Isaac (DR-4081)
Updates and Articles, Blogs, and News Releases
November 15, 2012
CLINTON, Miss. – The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency/FEMA Joint Field Office and Operations Center will transfer to the Mississippi Recovery Office location in Biloxi on Nov. 21, and operate as a processing center.The Clinton joint field office served as a hub for disaster operations following the landfall of Hurricane Isaac in Mississippi Aug. 28. The Biloxi recovery office was established in 2005 following Hurricane Katrina.
November 7, 2012
CLINTON, Miss. – Hurricane Isaac survivors who received money from FEMA must keep the receipts or bills for which the money was used for three years. FEMA assistance must be used for eligible disaster expenses only, as identified in the approval letter from the agency. You must save documentation that demonstrates how the funds were used in meeting your disaster-related needs. Examples include:
November 5, 2012
November 1, 2012
CLINTON, Miss. – State and federal officials will continue to assist with Mississippi’s Hurricane Isaac recovery long after registration closed in October. The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency and FEMA are assisting with the repair and rebuilding of public infrastructure damaged in Hurricane Isaac. FEMA provides 75 percent of the cost to repair or rebuild eligible infrastructure while the state and applicant provide the remaining 25 percent. FEMA has provided nearly $4.3 million to the state since the storm for infrastructure projects.
October 31, 2012
CLINTON, Miss. – For Mississippians who were affected by Hurricane Isaac today is the last day to register for federal disaster assistance and to apply for physical damage loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration. Some 26,000 Mississippians have already registered with FEMA, but those who have not must do so by midnight Wednesday, Oct. 31. There are two ways to complete the registration process:
October 29, 2012
Incident period: August 26, 2012 to September 11, 2012
Major Disaster Declaration declared on August 29, 2012