Main Content

What to do if your home is still inaccessible due to Tropical Storm Debby


Some flood-damaged homes are still inaccessible in Columbia, Hernando, Pasco and Suwannee counties due to flooded roadways. Survivors living in these homes may be eligible for one month of FEMA rental assistance.

If you live in one of the 22 counties designated for federal disaster assistance and your home is inaccessible, call the FEMA helpline at 800-621-FEMA (3362). People who are deaf or hard of hearing and use a TTY can call 800-462-7585.

If flooding prevents a FEMA housing inspector from reaching a damaged residence, the inspector will notify FEMA. It’s important that you call the FEMA helpline when your home is accessible.

To be eligible for temporary rental assistance:

  • You must first register with FEMA.
  • The home must be the your primary residence.
  • The home must have been destroyed, become inhabitable or be inaccessible as a result of Tropical Storm Debby.
  • The insurance covering the home must not fully cover additional living expenses and/or home repairs.

Helpful links:

Last Updated: 
07/08/2017 - 10:22