The Career Development & Training Branch in the FEMA Office of Human Capital, offers the following professional development opportunities for permanent, full-time employees, employed with DHS/FEMA for at least one year, and achieved at least a “Proficient” on their last performance rating.
- Internal Rotation Opportunities - The FEMA Internal Rotation Program is a professional development program designed to engage and strengthen the FEMA workforce. The Career Development and Training Office has posted five (5) internal rotation announcements.
Nominations are being accepted for the following:
- National Intelligence University (NIU) Program (Master of Science of Strategic Intelligence) - The Department is accepting applications for the NIU, Master of Science of Strategic Intelligence (MSSI) Program. The MSSI is a full-time 11-month degree program designed to assist students in developing global awareness and understand how historical, economic, cultural, political and social contexts affect intelligence and national security. For additional Graduate and Master’s Program information and eligibility requirements, please review the Fact Sheet.
- Department of Defense Senior Service Schools - The Department of Defense enables employees to obtain their masters’ degree in a number of academic fields. The programs are 10 to 11 months in-residence opportunities.
- EEO for Managers and Supervisors - This course is designed to provide managers and supervisors with a basic understanding of EEO laws and regulations as well as their responsibilities with respect to EEO, affirmative employment and managing diversity.
- Human Resources for Managers and Supervisors - The FEMA Office of the Chief Component Human Capital Officer, Career Development and Training Branch (CDTB) is providing additional Human Resources for Supervisors and Managers classes to ensure agency supervisors and managers hired or promoted prior to Fiscal Year (FY) 2012 meet their developmental obligations and have a quality learning experience.
- Executive Development Open House - The Office of the Chief Component Human Capital Office, Career Development and Training Branch (CDTB) will be hosting an Executive Development Open House this Thursday, October 4th from 2:00 – 4:00 pm EST. This Open House will provide employees an opportunity to learn about Executive Development Opportunities at the National Intelligence University Program and the DoD Senior Service Schools. Cheryl Seminara, Branch Chief, FEMA Leader Development Program, will provide information on the program curricula and DHS vetting procedures. Dynia Beaty, Training Specialist, will provide information on FEMA’s internal vetting process. We will also have Guest Speaker Wade R. Townsend, DHS Academic Chair, Marine Corps University, who will share his experience as a fellow graduate and current faculty member. The target audience is FEMA’s GS-13 to SES permanent, full-time employees. Employees attending will receive program informational Fact Sheets.