The Community Recovery Management Toolkit (CRMT) is a compilation of guidance, case studies, tools, and training to assist local communities as they are in the midst of managing recovery post-disaster. Pre-disaster planning and preparedness resources for recovery are available separately here (Coming Soon).
Selected Key Resources
- FEMA Procurement Toolbox Series: Local and Indian Tribal Government Requirements of 44 C.F.R. §13.36
- Top 10 Procurement Under Grant Mistakes Leading to Audits and Potential Loss of FEMA Public Assistance Funding
- Recovery Funding Resources:
Local Capacity Building Support Catalog: Trainings, Toolkits, and Technical assistance offerings for local governments
Full List of Resources: Find a multitude of guides, examples, and tools through the following major toolkit categories and sub-categories on the additional pages.
- Part 1: Organizing: Quickly organize local leadership and stakeholders, as well as engage and communicate with the public.
- Part 2. Planning: Assess local needs in recovery, carry out a recovery planning process, and determine projects to support the community’s future vision and priorities.
- Part 3. Managing: Assist local leadership in managing staffing and financing, and leveraging resources to support recovery strategy implementation.
- NDRF Topic specific Resources: Understand recovery topics expressed in the National Disaster Recovery Framework (NDRF).
This toolkit is managed by Community Planning and Capacity Building Recovery Support Function (CPCB RSF). If looking for pre-disaster guidance check out the Pre-Disaster Recovery Planning Guide for Tribal Governments (New 2019!!), Pre-Disaster Recovery Planning Guide for Local Governments, or the Pre-Disaster Recovery Planning Guide for State Governments. If looking for individual federal assistance please go to DisasterAssistance.gov or learn more about FEMA's Individual Assistance Program by clicking this link.