TRENTON, N.J. — Disaster assistance to New Jersey survivors of Superstorm Sandy by the numbers as of June 14:
- $400.5 million in FEMA grants approved for individuals and households
- $345.1 million for housing assistance
- $55.3 million for other needs
- $793 million in SBA disaster loans approved for homeowners, renters and businesses
- $477.5 million approved in FEMA Public Assistance grants to communities and some nonprofit organizations that serve the public
- $3.5 billion in total National Flood Insurance Program payments made on claims to date
- 261,696 people contacted FEMA for help or information
- 126,704 housing inspections completed
Individuals can check on the status of their applications at DisasterAssistance.gov, via smartphone or tablet at m.fema.gov, or by calling 800-621-3362 or TTY 800-462-7585. Those who use 711-Relay or Video Relay Services can call 800-621-3362.
Survivors can ask questions about their SBA disaster home or business loan applications by calling 800-659-2955 or TTY 800-877-8339 or emailing email@example.com.
Survivors who have questions about their flood insurance claims and the appeals process can call 800-427-4661.