Deputy Administrator Serino is hosting the next Think Tank conference call from San Francisco on Friday, February 17 and there are two additional seats available – and he would like you to participate in person.
The topics that he will be discussing are:
- How to communicate with disaster survivors and distribute information to mass audiences if cellular and on-line communications are unavailable immediately following a catastrophic disaster. In particular, we will discuss how existing communications tools, such as amateur (ham) radio operators, can be leveraged and linked to other forms of mass communications following a disaster. We’d also like to hear your ideas on how we can ensure these communications are accessible to the whole community.
- How mobile applications can help emergency managers and individuals prepare for, respond to, and quickly recover from disasters. We will talk about two specific ideas for mobile apps that were submitted to the online forum, and then open the discussion to other ideas for apps related to emergency management and preparedness.
I know I’m excited about the topics that will be discussed and the opportunity for two more people to participate in person, and I hope you are too.
In order to be considered, all you have to do is “throw your name in the proverbial hat” by emailing us at fema-new-media [at] dhs [dot] gov (with February Think Tank in the subject line) by Wednesday 12 Noon EST and we’ll randomly pick two people.
A short note from the agency lawyers: FEMA will not pay for any costs or expenses related to attendance at this event, including travel to or from the event, and any member of the public can participate.
Here are the other details about the event:
- Time: 1:00 P.M. – 3:00 P.M. Eastern (10:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. Pacific)
- Call in number: 800-369-1986
- Passcode: Think Tank February
- Hashtag: #femathinktank
Help us spread the word via email, word of mouth, and your social media sites. Thanks!