07ED-03-SWPE - Swipe System, Trace Explosive Detection
An explosive detection system that utilizes cloths, papers, strips or other media to wipe or otherwise contact a surface to collect a sample. The sampling medium is then placed in or near a device that detects/identifies an explosive based upon its unique signature. Sampling technologies include, but are not limited to vapor and particle analysis via Ion Mobility Spectrometry (IMS), Molecularly Imprinted Polymers (MIPs), Amplifying Fluorescent Polymers, and colorimetric analysis. DIQCode: [D,I]
FEMA Related Grant Programs:
- Amtrak - (IPR - Amtrak),Emergency Management Performance Grants (EMPG)
- Intercity Bus Security Grant Program (IBSGP)
- Port Security Grant Program (PSGP)
- State Homeland Security Program (SHSP)
- Tribal Homeland Security Grant Program (THSGP)
- Transit Security Grant Program (TSGP)
- Urban Areas Security Initiative Program (UASI)
Standardized Equipment List
For more information on operating considerations, mandatory and applicable standards, and training requirements, visit the Interagency Board’s Standardized Equipment List site. You may also access 07ED-03-SWPE - Swipe System, Trace Explosive Detection directly here. Note: some equipment items on the Authorized Equipment List maynot be listed on the Standardized Equipment List.
System Assessment and Validation for Emergency Responders
For market survey reports, visit the System Assessment and Validation for Emergency Responders site. To search for an equipment item, use the same Authorized Equipment List item number. Note: some equipment items may not have market survey reports.