Recovery Advisories (9)
- Collection Created:
- August 10, 2013
- Go to ResourceThese 2 Recovery Advisories are part of the Mitigation Assessment Team (MAT) report for Midwest Floods of 2008 in Iowa and Wisconsin. They deal with design considerations for improving critical facility functionality during flood events, and considerations for rebuilding your flood-damaged house.
Recovery Advisories from the Tornado MATs for Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, and Missouri (2011)Go to Resource
Eight (8) new Recovery Advisories (RAs) from the Tornado Mitigation Assessment Teams (MATs) for Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, and Missouri are now available. RA1 – Tornado Risks and Hazards in the Southeastern United States. RA2 – Safe Rooms: Selecting Design Criteria. RA3 – Residential Sheltering: In-Residence and Stand-Alone Safe Rooms. RA4 – Safe Rooms and Refuge Areas in the Home. RA5 - Critical Facilities Located in Tornado-Prone Regions: Recommendations for Facility Owners. RA6 - Critical Facilities Located in Tornado-Prone Regions: Recommendations for Architects and Engineers. RA7 - Rebuilding and Repairing Your Home After a Tornado. RA8 - Reconstructing Non-Residential Buildings after a Tornado.
To download FEMA P-908, Mitigation Assessment Team Report - Spring 2011 Tornadoes: April 25-28 and May 22 visit http://www.fema.gov/library/viewRecord.do?id=5633.
- Go to Resource
Seven Recovery Advisories (RAs) were developed by the Mitigation Assessment Team (MAT) studying the damages of Hurricane Sandy. They offer mitigative measures that could be taken to minimize damage to buildings. A list of the RAs can be seen below.
- RA 1 - Improving Connections in Elevated Coastal Residential Buildings
- RA 2 - Reducing Flood Effects in Critical Facilities
- RA 3 - Restoring Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Systems In Non-Substantially Damaged Residential Buildings
- RA 4 - Reducing Interruptions to Mid- and High-Rise Buildings During Floods
- RA 5 - Designing for Flood Levels Above the BFE After Hurricane Sandy
- RA 6 - Protecting Building Fuel Systems from Flood Damage
- RA 7 - Reducing Flood Risk and Flood Insurance Premiums for Existing Residential Buildings in Zone A