Additional Ways to Protect Your Family & Property
- Prevent Disaster Losses - mitigation tools, publications, and other resources you can use to prevent disaster losses.
- Mitigation Best Practices and Case Studies - a collection of illustrated stories about ideas, activities, or projects, including funding sources that protect both people and property from devastating losses.
- Buy flood insurance
- Find out if your home or prospective home is in a flood zone
- Get informed on the full range of insurance coverage available to individuals and businesses
Planning in Your State & Community
- The National Incident Management System (NIMS) defines preparedness as "a continuous cycle of planning, organizing, training, equipping, exercising, evaluating, and taking corrective action in an effort to ensure effective coordination during incident response."
08/27/2014 - 10:24