This page is for FEMA grant award recipients currently receiving funding, the page contains information on the fundamentals of grants management and administration.
E705 Fundamentals of Grants Management November 11-13, 2014
Location: Emergency Management Training Center in Emmitsburg, MD
Application Deadline: October 3, 2014
Funding: EMI does not provide travel stipends for this training. Grantees are allowed to use Management and Administrative (M&A) grant funds for training with approval from Program Analyst (HQ or Region).
Course Length: 3 days
FEMA's Grant Programs Directorate will conduct a Fundamentals of Grants Management Workshop for grantees currently receiving FEMA funding. The course, part of the Grants Management Technical Assistance (GMTA) Program, is designed to enhance the grantees' ability to administer and manage their FEMA grant award(s).
These courses are designed for:
- Current FEMA grantees
- Direct recipients of FEMA grant awards
- Sub recipients of FEMA grant awards
- Individuals with limited FEMA grants management experience
This course covers high-level grants management principles with the understanding that processes may differ from program to program and grantees will need to play close attention to their Funding Opportunity Announcements/Program Guidance for specificities.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
· Improve collaboration among policy, program, and financial staff to integrate grants management functions.
· Identify applicable Cost Principles, navigate and apply the FEMA Code of Federal Regulations.
· Apply proven business practices to increase efficiency and meet grants management priorities such as monitoring, strategic planning, organization, program implementation, staff training, reporting, and audits.
· Develop or revise policies, procedures and practices in critical areas of grants management such as monitoring, procurement, source documentation, payments, and equipment inventory.
· Prepare for federal monitoring and sub recipient monitoring.
Organizations are strongly encouraged to attend as teams comprised of your policy, program and financial grants management staff. Please check with your Program Manager to see if travel costs for this training are part of your Management and Administration costs.
In BLOCK 16 of the attached application, you MUST indicate your role in the management of an awarded FEMA grant.
Applications must be signed by the applicant, their supervisor and the State Training Officer. A list of state training officers has been provided for your convenience. (STO signature is required per BLOCK 23 of the application).
Follow additional instructions at http://www.training.fema.gov/Apply/
Please send application inquiries to:
Christine A. Spangler email@example.com
Training Specialist, FEMA EMI