The FY 2013 Fire Prevention & Safety (FP&S) Application Period Is Closed.
- FY 2013 FP & S grant applications are currently undergoing panel review evaluations.
- To receive an FP & S award, you must be registered and have up-to-date information in the online System for Award Management (Sam.gov) registration is required of all AFG Program applicants and awardees. Please go to SAM.gov/portal/public/SAM/ and follow the FAQs and User Guides for help in completing the registration process.
The Fire Prevention and Safety (FP&S) Grants are part of the Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) and support projects that enhance the safety of the public and firefighters from fire and related hazards. The primary goal is to reduce injury and prevent death among high-risk populations. In 2005, Congress reauthorized funding for FP&S and expanded the eligible uses of funds to include Firefighter Safety Research and Development.
System for Award Management (SAM) Registration is Required to Apply or Receive a Grant Award
- Applicants that have not completed the SAM registration process, or have not completed the required annual renewal and revalidation of data, will not be able to draw grant funds. Please click here to complete the SAM registration as soon as possible. For questions about SAM, contact your State Assigned Grants Management Specialists
- As part of the SAM.gov registration process, every eligible grantee must have their SAM.gov account validated through the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and have their CAGE (Commercial and Government Entity) code validated in order to be eligible for award. These validations are conducted as part of the registration process after the organization has submitted their SAM.gov registration. A valid SAM.gov registration is now also required for any payment or amendment request to an existing, open award.
- SAM.gov is administered through the Government Services Administration (GSA). Technical assistance may be obtained through the Federal Service Desk at 866-606-8220.
- FP&S Grants Video. This video gives an overview of the FP&S Grant Program, describing the purpose of the grants, eligible activities and evaluation criteria.
- Community Risk Assessment Video. This video describes the different types of risk assessments that applicants can use and explains how the risk assessment's information can support grant requests. Community risk assessments are critical to creating an effective fire prevention and safety project and they are required to obtain a FP&S grant.
FP&S Success Stories
FP&S Award Announcements
Locate FP&S grant recipients by viewing the list of awardees. Questions regarding the FP&S Grants can be directed to the Federal Emergency Management Agency's Grant Programs Directorate (GPD) AFG Program staff at 1-866-274-0960 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Click here to view the awards page
FP&S Research and Development (R&D) Grant Section Now Available
Learn more about the research projects funded through AFG and how they are working to improve firefighter safety and health
- Click here for more information