Protect Your Investment
To protect all that you have invested it is important that you plan for and consider how your business will survive and recover in the event of a disaster. If you think it can't happen to you, you are mistaken. More and more Americans are dealing with the effects of weather-related disasters, power outages, cyber-attacks and data loss. Any one of these events can be detrimental to a business of any size but often leaves small and medium sized businesses vulnerable to business interruption or closures.
Where would a disaster or catastrophic event leave your business? Planning to remain in business after being impacted by an emergency requires an assessment of your internal and external functions. Have a plan and protect your investment!
Make Preparedness Your Mission
What if you were not able to continue your mission through no fault of your own? Whether your organization is small or large, any efforts to improve preparedness are a plus. Prepare to become resilient. Whether your organization can be affected directly or via the supply chain, it's critical to have a plan in place -- a plan that can protect your employees and your organization and enhance your overall ability to be resillient. Make the decision today to protect your mission for tomorrow!
The Voluntary Private Sector Preparedness Program
Building resiliency against the consequences of a full range of possible catastrophes is becoming the norm for many Americans. Any hazard can cause operational disruptions, such as unanticipated costs, data loss, impaired facilities, impacted business relationships and even fatalities among employees. Private sector entities need attainable and comprehensive processes to better ensure continuity and recovery. The Voluntary Private Sector Preparedness Program offers an organization several options toward preparedness, whether it's following best practice programs, aligning to a standard or certifying to a standard.
- NIST Workshops on "Developing a Community-Centered Approach to Disaster Resilience" scheduled to begin at NIST's Gaithersburg, Maryland, campus on April 07, 2014.
- Business Continuity Management Systems launches auditor training course, BCM 5000: Auditing Programs for PS-Prep Certification & ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Training, on May 15 2013.
- Big Business - Small Business Emergency Management Mentorship Program launched on June 01, 2012.
- On May 31, 2012, FEMA Infrastructure Protection Division held a 90-minute interactive webinar focusing on AT&T's Certification Experience under the PS-Prep Program as the first private sector company to certify to a DHS-adopted preparedness standard.
- It is hurricane season again! Is your disaster recovery plan ready?
- IT disaster recovery: 5 tips for better data recovery from Microsoft Business for Small and Midsize Companies.
- Are you prepared for unexpected business disruptions? Four secure remote access tips for business continuity planning.
- What are the top five disaster risks to small businesses?
- Powerful East Coast storms expose Mid Atlantic's lack of preparedness.
- On April 7, 2014, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) will be hosting the first of five workshops on community-centered approach to disaster resilience.
- On October 15, 2012, the American Bar Association (ABA) announced its Third-Party Cerification under PS-Prep, the first not-for-profit organization and only the second U.S business to achieve this distinction.
- DHS Announces AT&T PS-Prep™ Third-Party Certification.
- PS-Prep™ is featured in PC Magazine, spotlighting AT&T's certification to the DHS-selected standards.
- PS-Prep™ is featured in the December 2011 issue of International Franchise Association's Franchising World magazine. Learn more about benefits of the program from a leader's perspective and the overarching importance of disaster preparedness.
- PS-Prep™ is featured in the June 2012 issue of American Society of Association Executive's magazine, Associations Now. Learn more about benefits of the program to trade and professional association leadership.