October 13th is International Day for Disaster Reduction (IDDR), which began in 1989 with the approval of the United Nations General Assembly. IDDR encourages every citizen and government to take part in building more disaster resilient communities and nations.
Please join us for our October 11th webinar on The Sphere Project - Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Response in honor of this very important day.
FEMA Voluntary Agency and Donations Coordination
The FEMA Voluntary Agency and Donations Coordination Section promotes the interest of voluntary, faith-based, and community-based stakeholders by advocating for them and empowering their activities and integration across the disaster life-cycle and in every subject area in which they engage.
FEMA Voluntary Agency Liaisons (VALs) and Donations Specialists build relationships among Federal, State, and tribal governments and voluntary, faith-based, and community-based organizations by reporting to and from FEMA and other government agencies on programs of voluntary organizations active during disasters, providing information and guidance to organizations, and assisting States in strengthening State Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOADs).
VALs and Donations Specialists can provide information, support, and guidance on:
- Routine Use
- Written Consent
- FEMA Donated Resources Policy
- Disaster Case Management Program (DCMP)
- Crisis Counseling Program (CCP)
- Disaster Legal Services (DLS)
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA)
- Individuals & Households Program (IHP)
- Alternate Grant Funding
- Mission Assignments
- Preliminary Damage Assessments (PDAs)
- Formation of Long Term Recovery Groups
- Multi-Agency Warehouses
- Spontaneous Unaffiliated Volunteers/ Volunteer Reception Centers
- Unsolicited Donated Goods
- Volunteer and Donations Messaging
- The National Donations Management Network (NDMN)
- Debris Removal
- Muck and Gut
- Find out about upcoming Events hosted by the Voluntary Agency Coordination team.
- Learn how the VALs can help your organization Get Involved in disaster response and recovery.
- Gain access to a variety of useful Resources.
- Discover Training opportunities for your organization and volunteers.
Disclaimer: FEMA does not endorse any private or non-profit entities, but provides this data on its web site for informational purposes only.