This page is for those wishing to learn more about how FEMA supports coordination of voluntary efforts and donations management before, during, and after disasters.
FEMA Voluntary Agency and Donations Coordination
FEMA Voluntary Agency Liaisons promote the interest of voluntary, faith-based, and community-based stakeholders by advocating for them and empowering their activities and integration across the disaster life-cycle and in every subject area in which they engage.
FEMA Voluntary Agency Liaisons (VALs) and Donations Specialists build relationships among Federal, State, and tribal governments and voluntary, faith-based, and community-based organizations by reporting to and from FEMA and other government agencies on programs of voluntary organizations active during disasters, providing information and guidance to organizations, and helping strengthen National and State Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOADs).
- Contact your FEMA Regional and HQ Voluntary Agency Liaisons and Donations Specialists.
- Learn how FEMA Voluntary Agency Liaisons can support your organization during disaster response, recovery, preparedness, and mitigation.
- Get guidance on managing spontaneous volunteers in times of disaster.
VALs and Donations Specialists can provide information, support, and guidance on:
- Routine Use
- Written Consent
- FEMA Donated Resources Policy
- Disaster Case Management Program (DCMP)
- Crisis Counseling Program (CCP)
- Disaster Legal Services (DLS)
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA)
- Individuals & Households Program (IHP)
- Alternate Grant Funding
- Mission Assignments
- Preliminary Damage Assessments (PDAs)
- Formation of Long Term Recovery Groups
- Multi-Agency Warehouses
- Spontaneous Unaffiliated Volunteers/ Volunteer Reception Centers
- Unsolicited Donated Goods
- Volunteer and Donations Messaging
- The National Donations Management Network (NDMN)
- Debris Removal
- Muck and Gut
- Find out about upcoming Events hosted by the Voluntary Agency Coordination team.
- Learn how the VALs can help your organization Get Involved in disaster response and recovery.
- Gain access to a variety of useful Resources.
- Discover Training opportunities for your organization and volunteers.
FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
Disclaimer: FEMA does not endorse any entities, websites, or applications, but provides data and links for informational purposes only.