The following resources are free to dam owners, operators, and regulators and address emergency action planning and the safety of dams.
- Training Aids for Dam Safety (TADS): A Self-Instructional Study Course in Dam Safety Practices (FEMA 609DVD)
A self-contained, self-paced training course that includes workbooks and videos.
- Risk Prioritization Tool for Dams (FEMA P-713)
A standards-based decision-making tool for risk-based dam safety prioritization.
- Expert Video Series (FEMA P-717DVD through FEMA P-722DVD)
Six videos developed by the Interagency Committee on Dam Safety and the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Reclamation.
- Emergency Action Planning Video
A video about the various aspects of emergency action planning for dams.
- Dam Seepage Monitoring System
Many publications can be ordered from the FEMA Publications Warehouse by calling 1-800-480-2520 (Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST) or sending a fax to 1-240-699-0252. You can also email a request to FEMA-Publications-Warehouse@dhs.gov. Please provide the title, FEMA publication number, and quantity of each publication, along with your name, address, zip code, and daytime telephone number.