This page provides information on how to submit a FOIA request for information related to the NAC.
How to Submit a FOIA Request
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests are processed by the FEMA FOIA Office. Please do not send FOIA requests to the Office of the NAC. Please note the following before submitting your request:
- Requests may not be in the form of a question. FOIA does not require agencies to answer questions. Questions posed as FOIA requests will not be processed.
- FOIA does not require the agency to issue opinions, conduct legal research, create records, or produce tangible objects in order to respond to a request.
- Information about an individual (other than yourself) may be requested under the FOIA, but release is subject to whether the privacy interests of the affected party outweighs the public interest in the release of said information. If you are requesting records on yourself or another individual, see additional requirements under the DHS guidelines for Submitting Privacy Act Request.
- Information covered under the FOIA Exemptions may be withheld.
- Multiple requests. For faster handling, please note in your request whether you are submitting it to more than one Department component.
Please include the following in your request:
- Contact information: Your name, mailing address, phone number and e-mail address.
- A complete description of the records you are requesting. Please include enough file-related information (type of document, title, subject area, date of creation, originating office) or event-related information (date and circumstances surrounding the event) for us to conduct a focused, time-efficient search for materials.
FOIA requests may be submitted by one of the following methods:
Online form: FEMA.gov
FEMA FOIA Office
Records Management/Disclosure Branch
1800 S. Bell St., Fourth Floor, Mail Stop 3005
Arlington, VA 22202