The Reservist Program introduction is in full swing and our National Cadre managers and Office of Human Capital teams are engaged to make this transition as smooth as possible. I’ve received quite a few emails and phone calls from you and realize some are concerned about the application process. We’re committed to making all of this as transparent and easy to understand as possible. Below is a list of important points concerning the application process.
- The application period opening June 15th is for current DAEs only. This will be the only time that the application period is dedicated exclusively to DAEs. The application process during this time is closed to the general public.
- You may apply to as many positions as you like, regardless of cadre.
- On June 15, the employee website will have a page with all Reservist Program vacancy announcement links (one link per announcement) organized by cadre. Each link will redirect you to a vacancy announcement on USAJOBS.
- In order to apply for a position you must have a USAJOBS account. When you click “Apply Now” in one of the vacancy announcements you will be directed to login to USAJOBS in order to continue. The USAJOBS presentation includes a step-by-step instruction on creating a USAJOBS account, as well as how to build your resume and upload your FQS Notification letter.
- Your resume, FQS Notification letter for DAEs who have been rated under FQS, and OF-306 Declaration for Federal Employment are the only required documents for the application process. Download a PDF writeable version of the OF-306. If you are a current DAE, but did not receive an FQS Notification letter for the position, then only a resume and OF-306 is required.
- USAJOBS will then automatically direct you to CareerConnector to answer a series of eligibility and competency questions related to the position. As an applicant you will have the opportunity to provide any additional documentation that you think will support the application for the position.
- Upon completion of the application portion in CareerConnector, you will be redirected back to USAJOBS to confirm that your application has been submitted.
We will continue to hold our webcast/webinar series in order to help you with this application process. It is important to note that ALL DAEs must apply to become Reservists.
Our next webcast/webinar will be held Tuesday, June 12 at 1:00 pm EDT and we will continue to hold them every Tuesday at the same time. Expect a notification email 24-48 hours prior to the actual webcast.
More information to follow.