Severe Repetitive Loss Program
An SRL property is defined as a residential property that is covered under an NFIP flood insurance policy and:
- That has at least four NFIP claim payments (including building and contents) over $5,000 each, and the cumulative amount of such claims payments exceeds $20,000; or
- For which at least two separate claims payments (building payments only) have been made with the cumulative amount of the building portion of such claims exceeding the market value of the building.
- For both (a) and (b) above, at least two of the referenced claims must have occurred within any ten-year period, and must be greater than 10 days apart.
07/2013 - The Biggert Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012 eliminated the SRL program. For more information, please refer to the Fiscal Year 2013 Unified Hazard Mitigation Assistance Guidance.
SRL Guiding Documents
For grants awarded during past Fiscal Years, please click on the appropriate link below:
- Fiscal Year 2010 Severe Repetitive Loss Program Guidance
- Fiscal Year 2009 Severe Repetitive Loss Program Guidance
- Fiscal Year 2008 Severe Repetitive Loss Program Guidance
Additional SRL Resources
The SRL Tools below have been created for State and Local Governments to implement the SRL Program:
- Greatest Savings to the Fund Memorandum
- Consultation Checklist
- Model Consultation Agreement
- Notice of Voluntary Interest Sample 1 (Multiple Property Owners / Townhall Format)
- Notice of Voluntary Interest Sample 2 (Single Property Owner)
- Model Mitigation Offer
- The National Flood Mitigation Data Collection Tool and RLP Viewer (FEMA 497CD / August 2008)
- Selecting Appropriate Mitigation Measures for Floodprone Structures (FEMA 551 / March 2007)
- Statement of Voluntary Participation for Acquisition of Property for Purpose of Open Space
- Model Acknowledgement of Conditions for Mitigation in Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHA)
- Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) Model Deed Restriction