This page contains information about the 2009 Assistance to Firefighters Fire Station Construction Grants (SCG). This one-time grant opportunity provided 120 fire departments with financial assistance to build new fire stations, or modify existing stations, in order to enhance response capabilities and protect the community from fire and fire-related hazards. This information is intended for audiences interested in the 2009 Assistance to Firefighters Fire Station Construction Grants (SCG).
Review Application Statistics
Yearly report details data collected from applicants
SCG Program Documents
SCG Application Statistics
- International Code Council - http://www.iccsafe.org/ -- Codes designed to meet the need through model code regulations that safeguard the public health and safety in all communities, large and small. Barrier Free/ Handicap Accessible information is available using http://www.iccsafe.org/A117.1
- Americans with Disabilities Act - www.ada.gov -- Codes and standards adopted by the Federal, State and Local governments for all types of disabilities. All public buildings must adhere to these basic guidelines.
- National Fire Protection Association - www.nfpa.org -- Codes and standards adopted that govern every building process, service, design, and installation.
- National Flood Insurance Program - www.fema.gov/business/nfip -- A national program designed for Flood Insurance, Floodplain Management, and Flood Hazard Mapping.
- LEED Program - www.usgbc.org/economicrecovery -- An internationally recognized certification system that measures how well a building or community performs across all the metrics that matter most; energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emissions reduction, improved indoor environmental quality, and stewardship of resources and sensitivity to their impacts.
- Code of Federal Regulations - www.access.gpo.gov -- The codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the executive departments and agencies of the Federal Government.
- Unemployment Statistics - http://data.bls.gov/map/servlet/map.servlet.MapToolServlet?survey=la -- Site lists unemployment statistics by state and counties.
- ARRA Stimulus 2009 - http://www.recovery.gov or http://www.merit.edu/stimulus/ -- Right now, Recovery.gov provides estimated breakdowns for where the money is headed--the share each sector of the economy is receiving--as well as economic forecasts about the impact the Recovery Act will have on your state in terms of jobs created and tax cuts received.