This page describes the National Preparedness Division.
In active collaboration with our full range of partners and stakeholders in the private sector, the non-governmental & volunteer sector, and all levels of the public sector (states, territories, tribes, counties, municipalities):
- To build a culture of individual and community preparedness;
- To integrate existing partner & stakeholder emergency management plans to facilitate comprehensive, multi-jurisdictional Regional planning;
- To assess current Regional risks and capabilities to prioritize any consequent capability shortfalls; and
- To align priorities within the Region to effectively steward grant programs, trust building and test additional prioritized capabilities.
Leadership: Lawrence O'Reilly
Things You Should Know
Things Businesses Should Know
Things Communities Should Know
Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (THIRA) Vision
- FEMA Region II's March 2014 THIRA