This page is describes the mission of the National Preparedness Division in FEMA Region 1, and includes preparedness resources for the New England states. Our National Preparedness Division works to improve New England’s readiness for all natural and man-made disasters. To ensure that our region can effectively respond to these events, we are continuously planning, training, equipping, and taking corrective action.
For guidance on how to prepare yourself and your family for emergencies and disasters, visit Ready.gov.
National Preparedness oversees:
- Continuity of Operations: Helping local governments and businesses develop plans for continuing essential functions during emergencies
- Emergency Planning and Preparedness Training for Colleges and Universities
- Radiological Emergency Preparedness: Educating and preparing citizens living near commercial nuclear power plants
- Student Tools for Emergency Planning (STEP) program: preparing children for emergency and disaster situations
- Region I Preparedness Training Opportunities
- Vital records flyer: keep copies of these documents in a safe place
- Emergency Kit Checklist: use this to build an emergency supplies kit for your home
- Emergency contact cards: fill these out and make sure each family member has one