This section of the website provides information on the Protection and National Preparedness (PNP) office. The intended audience for this section is individuals, families, communities, the private and nonprofit sectors, faith-based organizations, and local, state, tribal, territorial, insular area, and Federal governments.
Protection and National Preparedness (PNP) is responsible for the coordination of preparedness and protection related activities throughout FEMA, including grants, planning, training, exercises, individual and community preparedness, assessments, lessons learned, continuity of government and national capital region coordination.
Protection and National Preparedness (PNP) is comprised of the following offices and components:
- Office of the Deputy Administrator, PNP
- Office of Counterterrorism and Security Preparedness
- Office of Preparedness Integration and Coordination
- Strategic Resource Management Office
- Grant Programs Directorate
- Office of National Capital Region Coordination
- National Continuity Programs Directorate
- National Preparedness Directorate