Mission and Functions
The mission of the Policy Division is to lead and coordinate development of policies that support effective and efficient delivery of Agency programs across the full spectrum of preparedness and emergency management, and represent agency interests in departmental, national, and international policy making.
- Support Agency leadership in the identification, development, and implementation of the Agency's policy priorities including leading major policy efforts such as development of national strategies, frameworks, or doctrine as directed.
- Develop, oversee, and coordinate the Agency policy process.
- Represent the Agency on Department-level policy matters.
- Chair the FEMA Policy Working Group involving representatives from all FEMA Offices and Directorates used to coordinate policy development.
- Coordinate, track, and analyze Agency responses to Government Accountability Office (GAO) and Office of Inspector General (OIG) reports and recommendations.
- Provide policy oversight and input for Agency testimony/responses to legislative report requirements, questions, and correspondence.