This section of the site provides information on how you can plan and prepare to protect your family, property, and community from natural and manmade disasters.
Additional Ways to Protect Your Family & Property
- Prevent Disaster Losses - mitigation tools, publications and other resources you can use to prevent disaster losses.
- Mitigation Best Practices and Case Studies - a collection of illustrated stories about ideas, activities or projects, including funding sources that protect both people and property from devastating losses.
- Buy flood insurance
- Find out if your home or prospective home is in a flood zone
- Get informed on the full range of insurance coverage available to individuals and businesses
Planning in Your State and Community
- The National Incident Management System (NIMS) defines preparedness as "a continuous cycle of planning, organizing, training, equipping, exercising, evaluating and taking corrective action in an effort to ensure effective coordination during incident response."
03/02/2016 - 15:29