Our partnerships are critical to fulfilling FEMA’s mission. FEMA maintains important working relationships on tribal affairs with the agencies and organizations below.
FEMA works closely with these federal agencies. Each agency below has specific resources for federally recognized tribes.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Tribal Desk
- U.S. Department of Interior, Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Services
- U.S. Department of Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, American Indian Environmental Office
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Tribal Nations Program
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of Tribal Relations
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Indian Health Service
FEMA recognizes the importance of collaboration with tribal organizations and works closely and regularly with these organizations.