OpenFEMA delivers mission data to the public in machine readable formats.
The mission of OpenFEMA is to execute federal open data machine readable policies and standards, and to promote a culture and empower open government within FEMA.
- Release agency data to the public in machine readable formats on fema.gov and data.gov fulfilling the President's May 2012 Digital Government Strategy and the Executive Order of May 2013 Making Open and Machine Readable the New Default for Government Information.
- Engage with external partners to leverage FEMA's data to improve outcomes in support of survivors and first responders.
OpenFEMA provides data in machine readable formats through API's and downloadable content that can be accessed from the following pages:
If you have ideas or suggestions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OpenFEMA consists of a small but diverse team under the FEMA Chief Information Officer (CIO), Cheif Technology Officer (CTO), and Chief Data Officer (CDO). To contact our team for questions, comments or requests email email@example.com.
OpenFEMA's collaboration topics allow users to submit their ideas, our community discusses and votes for ideas and the best ideas bubble up to the top. These collaboration topics hope to generate discussion on a number of topics, including:
- Using FEMA's datasets
- Ways to improve your experience using FEMA datasets
- Other areas of focus for future datasets
Feel free to comment on or discuss any of these issues on OpenFEMA's collaboration topic discussion board.
Open Government Links
- FEMA Data Visualization
- Open Government Directive
Disclaimer: FEMA does not endorse any private or non-profit entities, but provides this data on its web site for informational purposes only.