The RASPLOT 2.5 multimedia tutorial is a Macromedia Flash movie. To view the movie, you must have the Flash Player installed on your local machine. Your system must also meet some minimum specifications in order to optimally run the movie. The necessary requirements and suggested specifications are outlined below. Click on the links for more detailed information.
Minimum Requirements and Specifications
- Flash Player Plug-in
- Target Browsers: Internet Explorer 3.0 / Netscape 3.0 or higher
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher
- Minimum System Requirements: Pentium 133 MHz or higher; sound card; speakers; 56K modem or higher
- Tutorial Navigation Overview Review (recommended)
- Adobe Reader®
- Tell-A-Friend Feature
- RASPLOT Software (optional)
Launching the Tutorial
If your system meets the requirements and specifications listed above and you have reviewed the tutorial requirement and specification details below, you are ready to start the tutorial. Click on the icon or the “Begin the Tutorial” link below to launch the tutorial.
Requirement and Specification Details
- Flash Player Plug-in: If you are running a Windows 95/98/2000/NT/ME machine and know that you do not have Flash Player installed, or have an older version of the player installed, please download the plug-in by clicking on the appropriate link under the Download Plug-in section at the bottom of this page.
- Target Browsers: The tutorial should run successfully on most Netscape and Internet Explorer browsers. The latest browsers include the Flash Player plug-in. If you have an older browser, you may need to download the plug-in. A page will prompt you to download Flash Player or upgrade if you do not have the latest player installed on your system.
- Screen Resolution: The tutorial can be run at any screen resolution; however, it is recommended that a resolution of 1024 x 768 be utilized for optimal functionality. If you run an 800 x 600 resolution, you may find it helpful to adjust your browser settings to optimize the display. To do this, follow the instructions included below.
Internet Explorer: Select "Full Screen" from the "View" pull-down menu, or toggle the F11 key to view the content in "Full Screen" mode.
Netscape: Turn off the "Show Toolbar", "Show Location", and "Show Directory Buttons" options in the "Options" pull-down menu.
NOTE: If you run an 800 x 600 screen resolution and do not adjust your browser to the full-screen mode, you may have to scroll in order to view all of the content on each screen. Running screen resolutions lower than 800 x 600 is not recommended for this tutorial.
- Minimum System Requirements: For optimal performance, you should have a Pentium 133 MHz or higher machine, including a sound card, and speakers. A 56K modem or better is recommended to shorten movie download time.
- Tutorial Navigation Overview: Before starting the tutorial, you may find it useful to review the Tutorial Navigation Overview to get more information about buttons and icons used in the tutorial for navigation and user interaction. After reviewing this page, simply click on the "Back" button on your browser to return to this page and click on the icon or text link above to start the tutorial.
- Adobe Reader®: A certificate of completion may be generated at the end of this tutorial. The latest version of the Adobe Reader is required to view this certificate, which is in PDF format. If you do not already have this version of the reader installed on your machine, please download it by clicking on the appropriate link under the Download Plug-in section at the bottom of this page before running the tutorial.
- Tell-A-Friend Feature: One of the tutorial's features allows users to forward a link to the tutorial to others via e-mail by clicking on the "Tell-A-Friend" button at the end of the tutorial. This feature may not work successfully with all e-mail clients. As an alternative to using the "Tell-A-Friend" feature, you may choose to send a link to the tutorial directly from your default e-mail client.
- RASPLOT Software: If you do not already have the RASPLOT software installed on your machine, you may wish to install it before running the tutorial. The software is not required to view the tutorial; however, you may find it useful to interact with the application before, during, or after viewing the tutorial. Sample downloadable datasets and other resources are also available. These datasets can be input into the RASPLOT application interface to use along side the tutorial examples and can help reinforce your understanding of the RASPLOT program.