NEW YORK — More than $8 billion has been approved in state and federal assistance to homeowners, renters, businesses, government agencies and nonprofits that were affected by Hurricane Sandy.
More than $3.7 billion in National Flood Insurance Program payments made to policy holders
- More than $996 million in Federal Emergency Management Agency grants approved for individuals and households including:
- More than $852 million for housing assistance
- Nearly $145 million for other needs assistance
- More than $1.5 billion in Small Business Administration disaster loans approved for homeowners, renters and businesses
- Nearly $1.8 billion in Public Assistance grants to reimburse local, state and tribal governments and eligible private nonprofits for some of the costs of:
- Emergency response
- Debris removal
- Repairing or rebuilding damaged public facilities
- 6.4 million cubic yards of debris removed
For information about New York State recovery programs, visit www.NYSandyHelp.ny.gov or call 855-NYS-SANDY.