AURORA, Ill. – Though registration has closed for FEMA assistance to individuals and households after the severe weather and flooding of April 16-May 5, officials urge applicants to stay in touch with the agency for several reasons.
Applicants should contact FEMA when:
- Contact information has changed including a new address, telephone number or email address;
- Asking for a Small Business Administration (SBA) application;
- Wanting to know about the inspection process;
- There is an update or settlement from an insurance company;
- Tracking status of an application;
- Seeking information on how to appeal a decision;
- Looking for information on how to rebuild stronger.
The application period ended but not the availability of FEMA as a resource. FEMA also offers information on other disaster assistance programs and services.
How to reach FEMA:
- Visit www.DisasterAssistance.gov
- Visit m.fema.gov via a web-enabled phone
- Dial the FEMA Helpline 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Call 800-621-3362 for 711 Relay or Video Relay Services
- Choose Option 2 for Spanish and Option 3 at the Helpline if in need of assistance in other languages.
FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
Follow FEMA online at www.twitter.com/femaregion5, www.facebook.com/fema, and www.youtube.com/fema. Also, follow Administrator Craig Fugate's activities at www.twitter.com/craigatfema. The social media links provided are for reference only.
Media Contact: 571-408-1835