TRENTON, N.J . -- Disaster assistance to New Jersey survivors of Superstorm Sandy by the numbers as of July 22:
Total Federal Assistance: $5.3 billion
- $3.5 billion in total National Flood Insurance Program payments made on claims to date
- $408.1 million in FEMA grants disbursed for individuals and households
- $351.4 million for housing assistance
- $56.7 million for other needs
- $805.8 in SBA disaster loans approved for homeowners, renters and businesses
- $678.9 million approved in FEMA Public Assistance grants to state agencies, local communities and certain private nonprofit organizations that serve the public
- 261,872 people contacted FEMA for help or information
- 126,837 housing inspections completed
Individuals can check on the status of their applications at DisasterAssistance.gov, via smartphone or tablet at m.fema.gov, or by calling 800-621-3362 or TTY 800-462-7585. Those who use 711-Relay or Video Relay Services can call 800-621-3362.
Survivors can ask questions about their SBA disaster home or business loan applications by calling 800-659-2955 or TTY 800-877-8339 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Survivors who have questions about their flood insurance claims and the appeals process can call 800-427-4661.
FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
The social media links provided are for reference only. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.