Main Content
Release date: 
May 27, 2013
Release Number: 

OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahomans in Cleveland, Lincoln, McClain, Oklahoma and Pottawatomie counties affected by the recent storms and tornadoes are urged to take advantage of three easy ways to register for federal assistance. You may be eligible for aid from the state of Oklahoma, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).

Homeowners, renters, businesses of all sizes and nonprofit organizations can:

  1. Register online at;
  2. Register via smart phone at;
  3. Register via telephone by calling 1-800-621-3362 or (TTY) 1-800-462-7585. If you use 711-Relay or Video Relay Services call 1-800-621-3362.

The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week until further notice.
Oklahomans should register with FEMA even if they have insurance. FEMA cannot duplicate insurance payments, but under-insured applicants may receive help after their insurance claims have been settled.

Registering with FEMA is required for federal aid, even if the person has registered with another disaster relief organization such as the American Red Cross, local officials or churches. Registrants with FEMA must use the name that appears on their Social Security card. Applicants will be asked to provide: 

  • Social Security number
  • Address of the damaged home or apartment
  • Description of the damage
  • Information about insurance coverage
  • A current contact telephone number
  • An address where you can get mail
  • Bank account and routing numbers if you want direct deposit of any financial assistance.

For more information on Oklahoma disaster recovery, click or visit the OEM site at

Last Updated: 
May 27, 2013 - 17:11
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top