TRENTON, N.J.—Wednesday, May 1 was the last day to register for FEMA disaster assistance.While registration has closed, FEMA remains active in helping New Jersey recover from Superstorm Sandy.
FEMA is available to help survivors, local governments, volunteer agencies and other interested parties continue the state’s recovery.
For answers to disaster assistance questions, Superstorm Sandy survivors can call FEMA’s toll-free Helpline at 800-621-3362. Individuals who use TTY can call 800-462-7585; FEMA phone lines are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week; multilingual operators are available.
By calling 800-621-3362, applicants can:
- Check the status of an application.
- Get answers to other questions they might have about their application.
- Find out if FEMA needs more information and provide it.
- Receive information on the home inspection process.
- Get answers to any question regarding insurance and its bearing on FEMA assistance.
- Update insurance information.
- Add or delete a person designated to speak for the applicant.
- Learn how to appeal a FEMA application decision.
For information about their applications for SBA disaster assistance loans, survivors can call 800-659-2955 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Deaf or those who have difficulty hearing may call 1-800-877 8339.
Survivors also can also visit one of the SBA Disaster Loan Outreach Centers located in Brick, Jersey City, Mays Landing, Ocean City, Toms River and Union Beach. The centers are open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturdays.
State and federal officials continue to work as partners in the ongoing effort to repair and rebuild public infrastructure.
FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
The social media links provided are for reference only. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.