TRENTON, N.J. -- Your home was damaged by Hurricane Sandy and you want to build back better. Or, maybe you have to rebuild your home completely and are looking for smart ideas to make it stronger and safer. For knowledgeable and reliable advice, look no further than your local home improvement store.
Specialists from FEMA will be present with information that will help you rebuild stronger, safer and smarter. They have information about building techniques that can provide more protection for your home, business and property in future disasters.
This free service also offers information and publications about home improvement, such as:
- Mold and mildew clean-up
- Flood- and wind-resistant building methods
- Wind straps
- Flood insurance
- Retrofitting buildings
- Elevating utilities
FEMA specialists are available from Wednesday, Dec. 12 to Monday, Dec. 17, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the following home improvement stores:
- Home Depot, 6 Tower Ave., Egg Harbor, NJ 08234
- Home Depot, 1722 Route 88, Brick, NJ 08724
- Home Depot, 440 Route 440, Jersey City, NJ 07302
- Home Depot, 1900 Shorrock Road, Lakewood, NJ 08701
- Home Depot, 2445 Springfield Ave., Vauxhall, NJ 07088
- Home Depot, 373 Route 9 South, Woodbridge, NJ 07095
- Home Depot, 197 Route 72 West, Manahawkin, NJ 08050
- Home Depot, 421 Absecon Blvd., Absecon, NJ 08201
- Home Depot, 310 Highway 36 West, Long Branch, NJ 07764
- Home Depot, 180 12th St., Jersey City, NJ 08050
- Lowes, 2194 State Route 35, Holmdel, NJ 07733
- Home Depot, 3700 Highway 35, Hazlet, NJ 07730
Additional sites and dates will be announced soon.
FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
The social media links provided are for reference only. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.