TRENTON, N.J. -- Your home was damaged by Hurricane Sandy and you want to build back better. Or, maybe you have to rebuild your home completely and are looking for smart ideas to make it stronger and safer. For knowledgeable and reliable advice, look no farther than your local home improvement store.
Specialists from FEMA will be present with information that will help you rebuild stronger, safer and smarter. They have information about building techniques that can provide more protection for your home, business and property in future disasters.
This free service also offers information and publications about home improvement tips and techniques, such as:
- Mold and mildew clean-up,
- Flood- and wind-resistant building methods,
- Wind straps,
- Flood insurance,
- Retrofitting buildings,
- Elevating utilities.
FEMA specialists are available now through to Monday, Dec.10, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the following home improvement stores:
- Atlantic County – Lowe’s #1034, 6048 Black Horse Pike, Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
- Hudson County – Lowe’s #1937, 727 Route 440 North, Jersey City, NJ 07304
- Monmouth County – Lowe’s #1548, 118 Highway 35, Eatontown, NJ 07724
- Ocean County – Lowe’s #1608, 1375 Hooper Ave., Toms River, NJ 08753
- Ocean County – Lowe’s #1535, 520 Route 70, Brick, NJ 08723
Additional sites and dates will be announced soon.
FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
The social media links provided are for reference only. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.