Main Content

Westerly Disaster Recovery Center Relocates to Fire Station

Main Content
Release date: 
November 21, 2012
Release Number: 

WARWICK, RI – The Disaster Recovery Center in Westerly relocates Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012, to the Misquamicut Fire Station from its current location at St. Clare Church. The Westerly Center will continue to serve disaster survivors in the area until further notice as will the Centers in South Kingstown and Middletown. Locations for the current DRCs are:

Washington County

  • Misquamicut Fire Station, 65 Crandall Avenue, Westerly, RI. (Opens Saturday)
  • Union Fire Station (Community Room), 131 Asa Pond Road, South Kingstown, RI.

Newport County

  • Middletown Police Station (Community Room), 123 Valley Road, Middletown, RI.

Hours of operation for all DRCs are Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. All three DRCs will be closed Nov. 22, 2012, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.

Anyone who is registering should have the following information ready and available:

  • Current and pre-disaster address
  • Current Phone Number
  • Social Security Number (FEMA does verify name and Social Security number)
  • Insurance information (agency name, policy number, actual policy if possible)
  • Total household income
  • Description of losses caused by Hurricane Sandy
  • Bank account and routing number (for direct deposit of assistance funds)

Survivors may register with FEMA in three ways:


FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status.  If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). For TTY call 800-462-7585.

FEMA’s temporary housing assistance and grants for medical and dental expenses, funeral and burial expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be eligible for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.

SBA disaster loan information and application forms may be obtained by calling the SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (800-877-8339 for people with speech or hearing disabilities) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET or by sending an e-mail to Applications can also be downloaded from or completed on-line at


Last Updated: 
November 26, 2012 - 12:29
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Related Disaster: