CLINTON, Miss. – FEMA is closing five disaster recovery centers in southern Mississippi effective
6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5.
- Forrest County Disaster Recovery Center, Forrest County Community Shelter, 946 Sullivan Drive, Hattiesburg.
- Lincoln County Disaster Recovery Center, Army National Guard Armory, 182 Highway
84 East, Brookhaven.
- Marion County Disaster Recovery Center, Marion County Development Partnership,
412 Courthouse Square, Columbia.
- Pike County Disaster Recovery Center, Community Safe Room, 2017 Quinlivan Road, Magnolia.
- Walthall County Disaster Recovery Center, 707 Union Road, Tylertown.
After that date, anyone affected by Hurricane Isaac can register for federal assistance online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov.
Other ways to get assistance include:
- By smartphone at m.fema.gov;
- By phone, call 800-621-FEMA (3362) from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily;
- TTY 800-462-7585; and
- Video Relay Service, call 800-621-3362.
To find a disaster recovery center nearest you, go online to the
DRC Locator at: https://asd.fema.gov/inter/locator/drcLocator.jsp
FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). For TTY call 800-462-7585.