Main Content

Recovering Important Records Burned in Creek County Wildfire

Release date: 
September 22, 2012
Release Number: 

OKLAHOMA CITY--The Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) offer the following contact information to help Creek County residents who need to replace important documents lost in the wildfire:

• Oklahoma birth certificate: call the Oklahoma State Department of Health, Vital Records Service at 405-271-4040, Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. or visit for more information.
• Social Security card: call the U.S. Social Security office at 800-772-1213, Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m.-7 p.m. For TTY call 800-325-0778 or visit for more information.
• Driver’s license and/or state-issued identification card: visit your nearest Driver License office or call the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety at 405-425-2300, Mon.-Fri., 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. or visit for more information.
• Federal tax records: call toll-free 800-829-1040, Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., or visit
• Oklahoma tax records: call toll-free (in Oklahoma) 800-522-8165, Mon.-Fri., 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., or visit

Residents can contact their local utility company, financial institution or insurance provider and speak with a customer service representative for copies of their most recent records. The utility company should be able to provide the most recent utility bill; the bank, credit union, or savings and loan should provide copies of bank statements, loan applications, and mortgage payment receipts; and insurance companies should provide insurance policies, recent billing statements, and cash-value statements.

For more information on Oklahoma disaster recovery, click on or Information can also be accessed via smartphone at or the FEMA app.

Follow the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management on Twitter and Facebook at and FEMA tweets about the Oklahoma disaster are at Additional FEMA online resources include, and

Last Updated: 
September 24, 2012 - 16:43
State/Tribal Government or Region: